Michael H. Leb
Michael H. Leb, Esq. has over 25 years broad-based legal and business experience, all of which he brings to bear in his work as a neutral. He has served as mediator or arbitrator in hundreds of cases of all types, and has broad and deep expertise in employment and labor law. As a plaintiff's lawyer, outside counsel to large and small businesses, in-house counsel, and as the responsible company officer for two Fortune 50 companies, Michael participated in hundreds of mediations and arbitrations. In addition, Michael has run a $3 billion business unit of a Fortune 50 company, experience virtually no other neutral can claim. His combination of education, experience, and competencies gives him a unique perspective on legal disputes that benefits all parties.
The following highlights some of Michael's background. Detailed information is available on the attached resume. You may contact any of the attached references or contact us for case-specific references.
- Successfully mediated and arbitrated hundreds of cases.
- Member of the following panels: AAA Employment Arbitration and Mediation, FINRA Arbitration, Los Angeles County Equity Oversight, Federal District Court Settlement Officer, Santa Monica Hearing Officer, Los Angeles Superior Court Party Select, Orange County Superior Court, Pasadena Mediation Group, and Arbitration Panel for City of Anaheim Police Department and APA.
- Law firm experience includes: Latham & Watkins, a "top-tier" international firm, and Bononi Law Group, a premier trial boutique.
- Successful tenures in senior executive positions in law, labor relations, human resources and operations at Safeway and Wal-Mart.
- Head of Operations for Safeway's 2,000-employee, food-processing business unit with operating budget exceeding $200 million and sales of more than $3 billion.
- JD cum laude from Michigan Law School; BA cum laude from Yale.
- Described as having a sharp and flexible intellect with a demonstrated track record of creative problem solving.
- Recognized for ability to quickly distill a complex set of facts to its essentials.
- Possesses the ability to garner trust from all different types of people in a variety of settings, ability to see a conflict from all perspectives, and to act impartially.